Agenda 1/21/15 & Minutes 1/7/15
Post date: Jan 21, 2015 5:20:30 AM
“All good is hard. All evil is easy.
Dying, losing, cheating, and mediocrity is easy. Stay away from easy.”
— Scott Alexander
Council Minutes 1/7/15
- Approval of Minutes
- (Mod): No meeting next week due to exams.
- (DSB): Finished budgeting and making card for other volunteer members of the board.
- (Admin): Need help mounting photos for MLK Day.
- (SL): Survey going out on Thursday.
- (SA): Worked out Winter Carnival sign-ups online.
- (RJ): AIP revisions coming back at the next meeting.
- (Ross Patten): Sign up for the talent show on 2/6 to win WC points.
- Report Card Paper Motion
- CG can create a dedicated time to read and reflect.
- Paper versions can be acquired from the guidance office.
- Electronic version allows for more/longer comments.
- More than just a time issue; administrative time and organization is also a factor here.
- Paper version uses upwards of 5000 pieces of paper a year.
- There is still time in CG that can be used to read electronically.
- The 3Rs start with Reduce as first priority.
- We should not use the excuse that it is not relatively wasteful.
- 25% of all report cards are never received by students and realistically less by parents.
- Motion fails.