Agenda 1/28/15 & Minutes 1/21/15
Post date: Jan 28, 2015 4:17:51 AM
“Integrity has no need of rules.”
— Albert Camus
Council Minutes 1/21/15
- Approval of Minutes
- (Mod): MLK Assembly is this Friday during Activity Period.
- (A-Mod): Will be coming around to committees in the next couple weeks.
- (DSB): Approved the 2015-2016 budget and gave a report on the upcoming AIP revisions.
- (Sec): Staff alternate can vote.
- (Condom): Talking to nurses before the next meeting.
- (Curric): Switched with RJ so meeting Friday.
- (SL): 358 responses to the survey, report coming soon.
- (SA): WC signups online during CG so equal chances of getting an event. Takes place February 9-13.
- (Admin): Compiled pictures for MLK assembly.
- (COI): Presentation on mindfulness by Mrs. G.
- AIP Consequence Motion
- Motion to reevaluate base consequences of Academic Integrity Policy violation if perpetrator completes Restorative Justice.
- https://docs.google.com/a/hanovernorwichschools.org/document/d/1Q9pocKThiViQ3DnOoaXU5lbXjgktJIT44Wbw2DAJUVA/preview for full motion details and supporting material.
- This change has the support of Mr. Campbell.
- It is twisted to have a no tolerance policy as currently in place in a learn-from-mistakes learning environment.
- If consequences are not enforced then preventative measures are not as effective.
- Should be teaching programs at young age to prevent any cheating.
- This motion takes a lenient view on morality issues.
- If you just keep hitting someone when they mess up, what is that really going to accomplish?
- We should take advantage of learning moments.
- If this motion is passed, we need to communicate to the student body that this is not a free pass.