Agenda 2/25/15 & Minutes 2/11/15
Post date: Feb 25, 2015 6:01:35 AM
“To keep the body in good health is a duty.
Otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.”
Council Minutes 2/11/15
- Approval of Minutes
- (A-Mod): Acting Moderator today.
- (Admin): Worked on changing schedule to put semester 1 exams before winter break.
- (Curric): Got staff feedback on course concern form.
- (COI): Discussed field trips and cell phone usage in class.
- (SA): Winter Carnival is this Friday!
- (Mme. Doyle): Bonnie received thank-you note from the Haven.
- (Sec): Committees need to fill in attendance and all alternates can vote.
- Grade Consequences Motion
- Motion to change base consequences of Academic Integrity Policy violations to not report freshmen or sophomores.
- https://docs.google.com/a/hanovernorwichschools.org/document/d/1bj20c6yUvepExC11XTHHd0qTJZbTvJU0z7GGa9cGHZ0/edit for full motion details and supporting material.
- This motion can work in conjunction with the previous RJ AIP changes.
- Entire guidance department on board.
- Turns the issue back to black and white.
- Makes underclassmen less likely to complete RJ.
- RJ has a better selection than this blanket resolution.
- RJ will be corrupted if conflated with relieving consequences.
- By middle school, cheating should be recognized as unacceptable.
- Each case has its own specificities.
- Colleges should get everything and determine what information to use.
- Motion fails.