Agenda 3/11/15 & Minutes 3/4/15
Post date: Mar 11, 2015 3:21:11 AM
“If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones,
then you never will change the outcome.”
— Michael Jordan
Council Minutes 3/4/15
- Approval of Minutes
- (Mod): New opinions have put up on the Nick Beard Opinion Board and the senior exam motion will be brought up at COI at 3pm on 3/12.
- (Admin): Worked on exams before break and possible trimester schedule.
- (DSB): AIP will be brought for reading on 3/24.
- (Curric): Mrs. Murray and Mr. Campbell attended to talk about course concern form and unions.
- Condom Motion
- Motion to introduce condoms into the nurses’ office, where they will be available free of charge to students.
- https://docs.google.com/a/hanovernorwichschools.org/document/d/1CO1pDMb1xdIaIVpehLsjCBAv8huX7pWFLl7mDls9Hm0/preview for full motion details and supporting material.
- Pamphlets with informational material including STI testing, alternate birth control, safety, and proper use of condoms can be created by residents at DHMC.
- Nurse will decide whether to conduct a conversation with students.
- This program will have to be evaluated by interested Council members in the future with the help of the nurse.
- This will open the discussion of sexuality and takes away the taboo of sex.
- Any positive impact is a reason to implement this.
- Motion passes.