Post date: Jan 24, 2018 3:26:48 PM
- Approval of Minutes
- Assessment Under Absent Teacher Motion
- Exam Discussion
- Notes and New Business
Council Minutes 01.17.18
“Whether a thought is spoken or not, it is a real thing and has powers of reality.” -Frank Herbert
1. Approval of Minutes
- Admin: MLK day scheduled for Friday, 45 minute Activity Period. Change in schedule that should be available to students soon. Encourage members of Common Ground to attend.
- Invitation for Student Voice Summit:
The Student Voice Summit is happening on March 23, 2018 at St Anselm College 9 am to 3 pm.)
Calling all students, your voice needed to help plan the Student Voice Summit.
When: Monday, Jan. 29 th 4-6 pm
What: Add you voice and ideas to what will make this session truly a student led learning experience.
The Student Voice Summit will provide an opportunity to explore various ways to increase student participation in school and community life as active and effective community members. We want to emphasize that this will be an interactive, peer-led learning exchange, not a day of speeches and panels. More than 17 high schools from across New Hampshire have been invited to send teams consisting of 3-4 students, 2-3 faculty and administrators, and 1-2 school board members or other community leaders.
Where: Location- Participants can join the planning meeting via Zoom at HHS on Jan. 29. Details will be provided if you are interested in participating.
Need more information? Have questions? Contact Linda Addante at linda_addante@ yahoo.com or call: 802-299-9825.
“I move to allocate $300 from the Co-Curricular fund to the Community Service Team.”
- Will use to purchase items that cannot be gained through donation, such as whisks, ingredients, and other materials necessary for service. All purchased materials will remain at school.
- Motion Passes
- Past few meetings, people have been repetitive and not many new ideas have been presented.
- Motion Passes
- Abstentions: Wrong that Council voted when Community Members and other members were not present. Things such as training have not been addressed by body before passing motion. Bigger question of how dress code fits into Mission Statement.
5. Meeting Adjourns